Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Important Principles and Impressive Principals

I love it when a quote blows my mind.  Today, this quote came up in my BrainyQuote app today.

Important principles may and must be inflexible.
Abraham Lincoln.

Every time I see the word, principle, I can't help but think about how many times it is mistaken for the word, principal, or vice-versa.  But let's go a little deeper with the misunderstandings in these two homonyms.  Many principals mistakenly can be flexible with their principles while at other times inflexible in how they principal their campus.  

To help keep this in perspective, I whipped up this slide to remind principals that in order to be highly effective as well as impressive to those who follow their work, great principals never waver on their principles, yet they continuously adapt their leadership to the ever changing needs of their campus, teachers, students and culture.  The only way that a great principal is inflexible is in times where his principles are challenged.  





What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment