10 Tips to Make Sure 2020 is Your Year!
1. Set a Health Goal - 2020 wont be good if you don’t feel good. Set a goal for exercise and healthy
2. Set a Relationship Goal - Make plans to spend quality time with those who mean the most to you! They are your support system and who you will spend the most time with in 2020.
3. Set a Professional Goal - Set a goal for your career that you want to accomplish this year?
4. Make a Weekly Schedule - If you want to accomplish these goals, you have to make time for them in your schedule every day. Putting it on a calendar gives you a greater chance of accomplishing those goals.
5. Sunday Reflection - Make time every Sunday to review your goals, make your schedule support your goals, and evaluate your progress.
6. Wake Up Routine - Develop a 5-15 minute morning routine that gets you focused for the day. It may be spending time reading or in prayer. This prepares your mind to reach your goals each day.
7. Turn Off Notifications - Our cell phones are our biggest distraction. Turning off all notifications except for text and phone calls keeps our phone from hurting our plans and productivity.
8. Set Timers - Using your phone or watch timers and alarms helps you optimize your time so that you don’t waste time on tasks or excessively long meetings.
9. Make Appointments with Yourself - If our work, health and time with family is important, use your calendar to save blocks of time so that you guarantee that your time is spent well.
10. Have Fun - Life is too short not to enjoy it. Realize that 2020 can’t be a good year unless you’re having a good time in your new year.
The new year is an opportunity for a new you! It can be the best year of your life if and only if you make the most of it. I challenge you to optimize your time. Make the most of your relationships, and remember that you and only you are the only reason your 2020 will not be a So-So year.
Happy New Year!