SO WHAT’S THE PURPOSE OF SPRING BREAK???
Step 1 to Restoration- Unplug
- Any unfinished task - it will be there when you get back.
- Planning - finish your plans and leave them at school.
- Social media - while it is good to catch up with everyone online, it prevents you from getting the rest you definitely need.
- School Habits - when I say all, I mean all. Leave your resources and everything else at the school.
Step 2 to Restoration- Plug In
- Faith - We need to reconnect to our faith, if we are going to make it. Personally the most important thing in my life, and connecting and reconnecting with my faith is essential to my restoration.
- Family - We need to plug into our family. At the end of the day, when you leave this earth, no one at the school will remember you more or miss you more than your family. Get restored by investing in the most important people in your life. Health - when you‘re stressed, your body takes the biggest toll. Spend time exercising, taking a walk, hiking or something that will get your blood pumping. Exercise is a great stress reliever and a great restoration practice. Reading - I was not always a big reader growing up, but now I find a way to read something unrelated to education when I’m on break. Sometimes it’s spiritual, sometimes it’s motivational (Jon Gordon), and sometimes it’s spiritual (Rick Warren or Tony Evans). Rejuvenate your mind and it will rejuvenate the other parts of you