Before I get started, I would like to thank Bill for sending me this and for impacting my writing. Until I met him, I hated to write and didn't think I was very good. If I hadn't met him (virtually-speaking), I wouldn't be where I am today as a writer. Thank you, Bill. You are truly a class act and a teacher whose impact goes far beyond your classroom.
My First Task - 11 Random Facts about Me.1. I am blessed to be married to my beautiful wife, Carolyn, who is a police officer. We were next door neighbors when I was in college and my pick-up line to sweep her off her feet was the following, "What kind of gun do you like to shoot?". The rest, as they say, is history.
2. I have 4 children ranging from 19 to 8, and they are my everything. When I'm not working, I'm with them. They are a trip and drive me crazy on an hourly basis.
3. I love to hunt, particularly duck hunt. While I haven't been as faithful to hunting in the last 3 years, it is a huge release for me. Yes, I used Duck Commander products long before anyone knew they existed.
4. Running is my therapy and think-time. I have a goal to run a half marathon by the end of the year. I don't think I'll make it by January 1, but I will by March.
5. Soccer is my favorite sport. Nothing else comes close. I played it as a kid, coached it as a dad and love to watch English Premier League football. Arsenal is probably my favorite of the big teams, but I love to watch the 2nd tier teams pull off upsets.
6. I love the following movies.
- Smokey and the Bandit (Yes, Bill. Jackie Gleason made this a classic.)
- Lonesome Dove (It's a Texas thing)
- Braveheart (Ultimate Leadership Movie)
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Timeless Classic)
- National Lampoons' Christmas Vacation (Christmas can't exist without it)
- Breakfast Club (Yes, I'm an 80's kid)
7. If I could pack up and go anywhere for a month, it would be Spain, England and Italy.
8. I got my degree in vocal performance and was trained to be an opera singer.
9. My dream job would be a professional hunting guide.
10. I can't watch Modern Family without hitting the replay button. Christopher Lloyd is the best writer since Shakespeare, and can string together a conversation of punch lines. His writing is genius.
11. I wouldn't be where I am without my faith in Jesus. I lean on him everyday.
My Second Task - Answer Bill's Questions
Bill, these questions are hilarious. Thanks for asking...
My Third Task - Questions for You
1. What is your favorite Christmas tradition and why?
2. If you could have anyone over for the holidays, who would it be and why?
3. Flaming hot hot sauce or mild and bland sauce?
4. Do you root for the underdog or the team predicted to win?
5. Which person in your PLN do you find most interesting and why?
6. Which book has made the most profound impact on your life?
7. What is your favorite decade of all time and what made it the best for you?
8. What is the best movie of all time?
9. Which animal best represents your personality and why?
10. What is your proudest professional accomplishment?
11. What is your New Year's Resolution for 2014?
My Fourth Task - Nominate 11 Bloggers to Join the Homework Club
Add yourself to the list and join the fun
Here is your Task
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you