Thursday, March 28, 2013

Finding True Peace

With Easter upon us, it is necessary for me to reflect on what Easter is truly about. As I reflect on scripture, I am reminded of John 14:27 that says: “Peace is what I leave with you. It is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid.

In this day and culture of fast paced fury, we inadvertently blind ourselves from finding peace. Whether it be stress from a struggling student that we can’t seem to reach, challenges within our teams, difficult people that we work with or stress from our own personal burdens, we must remind ourselves that all of these things are man-made and will not last forever; thus we should not allow stress to deter us from find His Peace.

I send you this not to convince you of anything. I want you to know that I believe that all of these things will come to pass, but the one thing that will not pass is His undying love for me and you.

I hope that over this weekend, all educators get some much needed rest and solitude to put all things in perspective. After all, it'll all be there waiting for us on Monday.

Happy Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment